IRA Charitable Rollover
Starting at age 70½, an IRA charitable rollover (also known as a "qualified charitable distribution" or "QCD") is a way you can help continue our work and benefit students. The IRA charitable rollover is available for transfers up to $100,000 even if you do not have to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) from your IRA this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoids taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to our CSULB
- The gift is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Helps CSULB student achieve their academic and career goals
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Fill out the form entitled "Gift of IRA Charitable Rollover Notification to CSULB 49er Foundation" and email or mail it to us. A link to the form is below.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work or you can put it in a Donor Designated Fund and fund various programs.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you need electronic transfer information for your IRA Charitable Rollover.
CSULB forms for your IRA charitable rollover.
GIFT OF IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER NOTIFICATION TO CSULB 49ER FOUNDATION
HOW TO REQUEST YOUR IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.