Sale and Unitrust
Are your appreciated assets (stocks, bonds or real estate) producing little or no income? If you sell your appreciated assets, you may pay capital gains tax. A combination of sale of the assets and a charitable remainder unitrust may be the solution.
How a Sale and Unitrust Works
- You place a portion of your property in a charitable trust.
- The asset is sold. A portion goes into the trust and you keep the rest.
- The trust will provide you with income for the rest of your life.
- You receive a charitable deduction this year to offset your tax on the sale.
Benefits of a Sale and Unitrust
- You further student success, academic excellence and campus enhancements at CSULB.
- You get the cash you need to purchase another residence, travel or meet your daily needs.
- The unitrust provides you with income for the rest of your life and future retirement.
- The unitrust deduction gives you valuable tax savings that may reduce your tax bill this year.
Contact Us for More Information
If you have any questions about making your gift, please contact us by clicking here to send us an email with your questions or comments.