Reserved Life Estate
If your home is fully paid and you are planning to give it to the University in your estate plan, you may want to consider a reserved life estate. You could receive a current tax deduction and still be able to live in your home for the rest of your life.
How a Life Estate Works
- You "give" (or deed) your home or farm to CSULB and receive a current federal income tax deduction.
- You preserve the right to live in your home for the rest of your life. The details will be arranged when you make your gift.
- When you no longer live in your home, CSULB will sell the property and use the funds to support student success, academic excellence or campus enhancements.
Benefits of a Life Estate
- Future students and faculty at CSULB will benefit from your generous legacy gift.
- You receive a current federal income tax charitable deduction for giving your home or farm to CSULB.
- You are able to live in and control the home or farm while you are alive.
Contact Us for More Information
If you have any questions about making your gift, please contact us by clicking here to send us an email with your questions or comments.