Charitable Remainder Unitrust
If you are about to sell appreciated property or recently sold property and you are concerned about the high cost of capital gains taxes this year, a charitable remainder unitrust might offer the solutions you need. A charitable remainder unitrust might also offer a good solution if you are seeking retirement income or wish to provide income to a spouse or others in your family.
Benefits of a Charitable Remainder Unitrust Gift
- Permanently support students at CSULB for generations to come
- Income for life, lives, or term of years
- Avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Charitable income tax deduction for remainder portion of your gift to California State University, Long Beach
Charitable Remainder Unitrust for Income
A charitable remainder unitrust pays you income that reflects trust investments. There is the potential that your income could increase over time with growth in the trust.
How to Select the Right Unitrust Payout for You
There are several unitrust payout options to meet your needs:
- The standard unitrust pays out a percentage of the trust assets each year
- Another payout option used commonly for real estate permits the trust to sell the property tax free and then begin paying you income after the property has been sold
Contact Us for More Information
If you have any questions about making your gift, please contact us by clicking here to send us an email with your questions or comments.