Charitable Gift Annuity
Are you uneasy about the fluctuating stock and real estate markets? Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income now or for the future? Consider a charitable gift annuity. You receive fixed income for life and the remainder supports future students, projects and programs at CSULB.
How it Works
A charitable gift annuity is formed by a contract between you and the University.
- You transfer property to California State University, Long Beach. In exchange we pay you fixed income for life.
- The fixed income rate you receive is based on your age at the time you enter into the annuity.
- A portion of your income may be tax-free and you will receive a charitable deduction for your gift.
- Students will benefit from your gift to CSULB.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax-free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Start Receiving Payments Now with a Current Gift Annuity
A charitable gift annuity is easy to form and payments can begin right away. You determine how often you will receive payments.
Start Receiving Payments At a Future Date with a Deferred Gift Annuity
Perhaps you would prefer to receive income in the future, such as on the date you choose to retire. You can establish a deferred charitable gift annuity, receive a current charitable income tax deduction and then begin receiving payments at your predetermined future time. Best of all, because you deferred the start of your payments your annual income will be higher than with a current gift annuity. You may also consider flexible date options to begin receiving your future income. Contact us to learn more.